Use & Development of Our Land
The acquisition, management and development of land and other assets:
Objective 22: Promoting a holistic understanding of the landscape, especially its spiritual and cultural dimension.
- See Objectives for promotion of culture and heritage.
Objective 23: Undertake land assessment and categorisation process for all of Deerubbin’s current and claimed land holdings.
- Review Deerubbin’s existing database on its holdings to understand and how it can be best enhanced and accessed.
Objective 24: Develop and implement a strategy for ongoing claims, including their determination.
- Review existing claims for prospects.
Objective 25: Properly manage existing holdings.
- Establish systems for alerts on any proposed changes to planning controls.
Objective 26: Acquire strategic properties.
- Assess the scope to enhance existing holdings through strategic purchases, especially in relation to holdings connected with proposed developments and enterprises.
Objective 27: Develop income streams from existing lands.
- Continue the analysis of the land portfolio for income generating opportunities, especially opportunities that do not involve permanent disposal.
Objective 28: Use land to provide housing for Aboriginal people in Deerubbin’s area.
- See Objective -.
Objective 29: Develop lands in partnership to achieve social objectives.
- Consider opportunities that arise out of organisational partnerships to develop Deerubbin owned lands for either commercial or community purposes.