Business Enterprise & Investment
Business Enterprises and development:
Objective 30: Develop key land holdings.
- See Objective .
Objective 31: Develop sand quarrying and materials business.
- Pursue the development of a sand and quarrying business on land zoned for such purposes at South Maroota;
Objective 32: Develop a funeral business as an adjunct to the Cemetery Community Benefits Scheme.
- Investigate options for making the Cemetery Community Benefits Scheme viable by developing and operating a complementary commercial funeral business and, if feasible, develop the business.
Objective 33: Maintain and expand existing cultural heritage business.
- See Objective  and implement strategies outlined there.
Objective 34: Maintain and expand land and property management business.
- Develop a business plan for expanding Derubbin;s land management services with a view to incorporating a separate entity to manage the business.
Objective 35: Maintain a prudent investment strategy.
- Consider and, if appropriate, based on independent professional advice, use the range of potential investments available under the Act and Regulation to ensure that Deerubbin prudently manages the return and risk on its investments having regards to the matters set out in the Trustee Act and in compliance with that Act. Investments may include:
- Australian and international equities;
- Term deposits and government backed securities;
- Various forms of real property and property trust;
- Such other investments that it may, on independent professional advice, determine are in the best interest of Deerubbin and the current and future Aboriginal residents of the area.
Objective 36: Consider and pursue other business opportunities that may arise, especially where they flow from existing, successful partnerships it may develop.
- Deerubbin remains open to considering business opportunities that may arise, especially where they flow from existing, successful partnerships it may develop.